How to apply
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and strongly encourage applicants from women and other groups who are currently underrepresented in engineering.
Before starting your application, we encourage you to read the current guidance notes, which provide detailed information, supporting you through the application process.
You may submit an application at any time prior to starting your MBA course, however, we suggest you do not apply until you have submitted an application to one of the eligible business schools and think you will have a decision before the SMF interviews. Applicants who have already started at business school are also eligible to apply.
Applicants who are invited to interview will only be invited once they have a confirmed place at an eligible business school. If your place is confirmed after you have submitted your application please send confirmation to the Programme Manager.
- Applicants must have a confirmed place on a full-time MBA programme at one of the 14 eligible business schools (see the full list of eligible business schools here)
You may apply before a place is confirmed but will not be invited to interview until a Business school place is confirmed
- Applicants must have a first degree in an engineering, allied technology or science discipline, preferably a first or upper second class
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to both UK engineering/business/industry and their respective engineering communities
- Applicants must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom
- Applicants do not need to have Chartered Engineer status (or equivalent), however this qualification or progress towards it will be viewed favourably
- Applicants would usually have 4-10 years professional experience post-degree
Any applications that are incomplete, do not meet the eligibility criteria, or do not adhere to the guidelines may be rejected.
Applicants who have previously applied and were invited for interview are not eligible to reapply.
Applicants who have previously applied and were not invited for interview may reapply after a period of two years from the original application.
Applicants should consult the guidance notes, before submitting an application.
The Academy is committed to diversity and we welcome applications from minority and under-represented groups of engineering, especially from women.