The measures provide a framework to drive change across organisations of different sizes, whether they are just beginning their journey on inclusion or progressing their maturity. The 16 measures cover all stages of the employee lifecycle including attraction & recruitment, progression, retention, and leadership. The framework gives leaders, managers and HR/people managers a clear understanding of action they can take to move the dial on diversity and inclusion in a positive direction.
The measures are validated by the Employers Network of Equality and Inclusion (ENEI) and tested with organisations of different sizes to confirm relevance and proportionality.
Diversity and inclusion progression framework
Developed in partnership with the Science Council, the Progression Framework is a tool to help professional bodies plan and assess their work on diversity and inclusion. The Framework sets out four levels of good practice across ten areas of professional body activity including:
- Governance and leadership
- Membership and professional registration
- Meetings, conferences and events
- Education and training, accreditation and examinations (delivered by/for the institution)
- Accreditation of education and training (delivered by external providers)
- Prizes, awards and grants
- Communications and marketing (activities that promote the organisation, its activities and services)
- Outreach and engagement (activities that seek to engage and increase interest and widen participation in STEM)
- Monitoring and measuring