The Royal Academy of Engineering takes its responsibilities in relation to data protection seriously. This document sets out the ways in which we collect, use and share personal data across the Academy.
- References to we, us or our means the Royal Academy of Engineering, a Registered charity (No. 293074) (Academy). We are located at Prince Philip House, 3-4 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5DG, United Kingdom
- References to you or your means anyone using the Services and or the Website (both as defined below).
- References to the Websites means the websites found at www.raeng.org.uk, enterprisehub.raeng.org.uk, qeprize.org, www.ingenia.org.uk, stemresources.raeng.org.uk, lif.raeng.org.uk, forum.raeng.org.uk, educationforengineering.org.uk, www.princephiliphouse.com and innovators.raeng.org.uk
- the Services are made available by us to you (including via the Websites) and include:
- applying for and attending events that we organise;
- applying for and receiving grants from us;
- entering competitions that we hold;
- sponsoring or nominating a prize winner;
- applying for and attending training courses we organise; or
- participating in any activities that we undertake to fulfil our ethos and objectives as a charitable organisation.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
The Academy is the controller because we determine the purpose for which your personal information is used and how we use your personal information.
WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE HAVE TO PROCESS YOUR DATA?
The lawful bases we rely on for processing your information are:
(a) Consent - We will ask for your consent to process your marketing preferences, cookies, and processing Diversity & Inclusion data
(b) Contractual obligation – Data required for the performance of a contract we have or will enter with you
(c) Legal obligation – We are required to keep some data for legal obligations like tax purposes
(d) Public task - To enable us to support the Home Office in its statutory duties.
Legitimate Interest is the legal basis for marketing to corporate individuals and by post.