We are offering a bespoke systems workshop using tailored sessions to navigate a policymaker's own policy problem through a systems lens. Working together, we will co-design policy interventions that take into consideration systemic issues and avoid unintended consequences.
If you are interested in learning more, contact us at email@example.com
What this workshop will cover
This workshop will provide you with a condensed introduction to systems approaches and their application in policymaking but focus on applying them to your own policy problem.
- Learn what systems approaches to policy are, why they are important and how you can apply these in your work.
- Co-design policy solutions to the complex challenge you face, taking into consideration systemic issues, with leading engineers.
- Gain access to a diverse range of engineering expertise who can help you to navigate your complex challenge.
- Increase your understanding of how to communicate the benefits of systems approaches in policymaking.
- Be provided with systems resources tailored to your complex challenge that you can continue to use beyond your time working with us at the Academy.
Who should attend
These workshops are available to any policy team looking for engineering support in tackling a complex challenge that they are facing.
We have successfully delivered this workshop for teams at national and devolved levels working on a range of complex policy challenges including challenges in physical infrastructure and decarbonisation.
What to expect
In this workshop, you will have the opportunity to work with leading engineering expertise to co-develop a systems intervention which will take an engineering systems approach to navigate your own complex challenge.
This engineering expertise will help you to design policy interventions which will take account of systemic issues, help to break down traditional policy siloes and avoid negative unintended consequences when implementing policy.
- This workshop can be delivered online, in-person or in a hybrid form depending on what works best for you and your team.
- The duration of the workshop is bespoke to you and your teams needs.
- The standard number of attendees we would deliver this workshop for is 20 to ensure that everybody has the chance to contribute to the discussion but can adapt this depending on the size of your team.
- Given the bespoke nature of these workshops, a quote can be provided on request but we do not charge VAT.
The Policy Fellowships programme inspires policymakers to think differently and to use engineering and systems thinking…
A three-hour introductory workshop on applying systems approaches to policymaking