We are looking for talented people who want to make a difference - is this you?
This is the perfect time to join us. We have a dynamic, visionary CEO, a strong leadership team and an ambitious and exciting strategy. The value we bring as experts in our field and change agents is highly recognised and makes the Academy a motivating place to be. Our work today builds on a long, proud history with a focused and ambitious future which we’d love you to be part of.
Who we are
The Royal Academy of Engineering is a purpose-led charity responsible for providing progressive leadership for and delivering public benefit from engineering and technology. From access to clean water and electricity, to technologies and transport that help us keep in touch with other people, engineers have made a difference to almost every aspect of our lives. They are vital to addressing many of society's greatest challenges.
Today, the Academy is at the forefront of policy and innovation. We bring together creative thinkers to tackle the greatest challenges of our age, from environmental sustainability to improving public health, safety and security. We work some of the world’s best innovators, researchers and technologists – our Fellows - with an extensive and far-reaching stakeholder network in Government, industry and academia, in the UK and globally, who can and do make change for a better future.
A role with us gives you that opportunity too.
What you will do
We have a number of exciting roles open for application across our teams. A lot of our work is foucsed on helping the UK "Build Back Better" priorities, including supporting the transition to Net Zero, encouraging enterprise and innovation, and improving diversity and inclusion. The work you do will have a direct impact on these priorities.
Your role could involve:
- Supporting and engaging with our 1600 Fellows, eminent engineers, leading thinkers and innovators who are working together to make the world a better place.
- Inspiring the next generation to become engineers to make sure that we have the talent and skills needed to tackle the challenges of the future.
- Working with engineering companies and institutions to make our profession truly inclusive, representative of wider society, and more impactful.
- Investing and helping to grow some of the most creative and exciting engineering ideas and businesses through our Enterprise Hub. You would see the impact of your work as it happens.
- Building global partnerships and communities to address some of the greatest challenges of our age
What it is like to work here
We are a proud charity and, as a National Academy, have a unique influence and role to play. We have created a culture where we live our values of Progressive Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion, Excellence Everywhere, Collaboration First and Creativity and Innovation in the way we work together and with our stakeholders, and where hugely talented people are friendly, welcoming and supportive.
- We are a great place to work because of our passionate and committed employees, our united and friendly senior leadership team and our forward-thinking CEO. Staff at all levels are given the opportunity to have their say, and shape how we do things. Together we work as a team to drive change for the benefit of all.
- We get a chance to work with a truly unique network of the most outstanding leaders and finest minds in the industry and research which provides motivating, inspiring and career enhancing opportunities regularly throughout your career with us. This really is unique and will give you something you can not find anywhere
- We are small enough that you will be known, seen and understood, and big enough to offer great benefits which you would usually associate with much larger organisations.
- We have an inclusive and flexible approach to hybrid working based on trust and respecting individual difference, with a fantastic central London office when you need it.
- We offer both formal and informal opportunities for development, investment in your self-development and skills acquisition; and opportunities to learn from talented, knowledgeable people.