Submitting your application
Prior to applying, please read the Essential Application Guidance document to determine if you are eligible, as well as visiting our FAQ page.
The guidance contains information on the key questions in the application and what we are looking for in a successful submission.
We encourage you to develop your answers offline before completing the application form on the grant management system.
The Diversity Impact Programme grants are made available for projects that are bold, ambitious and transformative. We are looking for transformative ideas that apply systems thinking and are positioned to deliver real change in the specific context of your university.
- Applicants must have a formal affiliation with a UK HEI, which must be listed as a partner. The HEI acts as the award recipient.
- Applications require a letter of support from the dean of department (or equivalent).
- Projects must be focused on UK-domiciled students – we cannot fund international programmes or programmes for international students studying in UK institutions.
- Projects must be developed and implemented by a team of people with representation from the underrepresented groups who are beneficiaries of the project – we cannot fund projects led by individuals or provide bursaries for individual study.
- Applicants can apply for grant funding between £40,000 and £100,000.
- Project commence: February - March 2024.
- Projects must be completed 12 or 18 months from the start date depending on value of award.
- Any applications that are incomplete or do not adhere to the guidelines may be rejected.
- Awards are made available for projects that meet the programme's aims and are in line with the programmes principles