The health and safety of our guests and staff is of paramount importance, and we will be taking all necessary measures to deliver safe and secure event. The Academy will be following the government’s guidance, along with additional measures.
- All staff and guests are recommended to carry out a lateral flow test no earlier than 48 hours prior to the start of the event attending only when you have reported a negative result.
- All guests will be asked to consider before attending the event whether they have any COVID-19 symptoms, or whether they have had contact with anyone with symptoms over the past seven days.
During the event
What to expect at the venue:
The building air-conditioning system uses fresh air, rather than recycled air, and auto-adjusts according to the number of people in the space. Ventilation, and free flowing air will also be increased by the opening of as many windows as feasibly possible, subject to weather and external noise.
- Additional cleaning will be carried out with specialist long-lasting cleaning products, paying particular attention to touch points around the building.
- Signage in the toilets will remind staff and guests to wash hands frequently and for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- A supply of hand sanitiser will be available throughout the building.
- Building and event risk assessments will have been completed to assess and minimise risk.
Moving around the building:
- Guests and staff will be recommended to wear a face covering (unless exempt) while indoors and not seated.
- Guests are asked politely to respect 1m social distancing where possible.
- A maximum of two persons can use the lift at any one time.
Food and drink:
- Face coverings are not required whilst consuming drinks and food.
- Serving staff will be wearing face masks, and fresh gloves are worn for each service and clearing.
- Service is designed to reduce contact and the chef’s team, work in their own bubble.
- The Academy team will be on hand to direct guests when they wish to depart.
- Departures may be required via two separate exits to allow for social distancing.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns please do email the Events team, and we will do our very best to assist.
This page was last updated on Thursday 24 February.